Friday, November 20, 2009

A miracle on my doorstep...

So this last week was very eventful. Our furnace went out on the coldest night we've had so far, I crashed our van 50 feet from our house, and then when we took our van in to get fixed Taylor forgot to give me back our keys so I was locked out of the house with my kids. I eventually got desperate and broke in our back window. I can't say that I didn't have any stress from it all, but a lot of good came from it. I was able to be reminded of how great and understanding my husband is. He came home from school early and took care of all the insurance stuff the day of the accident. He helped me to realize that it was just a piece of metal and we would get through this. The day I was locked out of my house I had the opportunity to get to know my sweet neighbor. We had such a great visit as she told me of some of her experiences in life and about her family. She even got down on the floor with Brody and played blocks with him. I really appreciated that especially since it wasn't an easy task to get up and down for her. Today I expressed to my Father in Heaven how grateful I was for these experiences, for the lessons I learned and the blessing that came from these trials. Now this brings me to our miracle on the doorstep. Tonight I got a call and I was told that it was an unanimous call and to check outside for something on my doorstep. I asked who it was, but she said that she just wanted to make sure I got it. Well, it was an envelope with $500 in it which is the exact amount of our deductible for the van. I have no idea who it was, but I am overwhelmed with gratitude and love for that person. How Christlike was that act; I will forever remember this miracle!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That is truly amazing! I'm glad it all worked out. There are some really thoughtful and generous people out there!

    ReplyDelete